Easy summer salads are found right here in the Pear, Walnut & Avocado Salad, this is quick and simple to make.
Salads are a perfect way to boost intake of veggies and fibre and this tastes great with some roasted pumpkin and chickpeas, salmon cooked on the BBQ or some grilled/BBQ chicken strips.
The key to a good salad is ensuring there is a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats to keep you feeling fuller for longer and the Pear, Avocado & Walnut Salad has got you covered. Using extra virgin olive oil as the base of your salad dressing is also a great way to increase intake of heart-healthy fats known to reduce LDL cholesterol.
Pear, Walnut & Avocado Salad
- 120g baby spinach
- 1/2 pear
- 1 small handful walnuts
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place baby spinach and basil into a salad bowl.
- Using a cup, add balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and stir thoroughly.
- Add dressing to the salad leaves and mix in well.
- Slice pear and avocado and add to the baby spinach.
- In a frying pan, dry roast the walnuts until lightly browned and add to the salad mix.
- Mix salad together well and serve.
If you like this recipe, you might like to try these too;
Amy Savage is a qualified Nutritionist with a Bachelor of Health Science in Nutritional & Dietetic Medicine and is available for corporate presentations via Zoom and in-person Sydney CBD. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.