Easy summer salads are found right here in the Pear, Walnut & Avocado Salad, this is quick and simple to make.
Salads are a perfect way to boost intake of veggies and fibre and this tastes great with some roasted pumpkin and chickpeas, salmon cooked on the BBQ or some grilled/BBQ chicken strips.
The key to a good salad is ensuring there is a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats to keep you feeling fuller for longer and the Pear, Avocado & Walnut Salad has got you covered. Using extra virgin olive oil as the base of your salad dressing is also a great way to increase intake of heart-healthy fats known to reduce LDL cholesterol.
Pear, Walnut & Avocado Salad
- 120g baby spinach
- ½ pear
- 1 small handful walnuts
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place baby spinach and basil into a salad bowl.
- Using a cup, add balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and stir thoroughly.
- Add dressing to the salad leaves and mix in well.
- Slice pear and avocado and add to the baby spinach.
- In a frying pan, dry roast the walnuts until lightly browned and add to the salad mix.
- Mix salad together well and serve.
If you like this recipe, you might like to try these too;
Amy Savage is a qualified Nutritionist with a Bachelor of Health Science in Nutritional & Dietetic Medicine and is available for corporate presentations via Zoom and in-person Sydney CBD. Email email@example.com for further details.
This is now my go to salad, love how the pear sweetens up the flavours. Thanks for the inspo! Going to try your curry dishes next, they look delicious. ?
Amy Savage says
Aww so glad you love it 🙂