Salads are perfect for an easy light lunch or dinner and the Prawn, Mango & Chilli Salad is quick to throw together. Fire up the BBQ or pan cook the prawns and enjoy mangos whilst they are in season.
The more variety of plants on your plate, the better for your gut health!
Salads are jam-packed with nutrients and the bitterness from the rocket will help stimulate your digestive enzymes.
Prawn, Mango & Chilli Salad
- 200 g peeled green prawns
- ½ fresh mango
- 1 red chilli
- 120 g rocket
- ½ avocado
- cucumber slices
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- Prepare salad by adding the rocket to a large bowl, slice the fresh mango, avocado, cucumber slices and slice the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Prepare the salad dressing by thoroughly stirring together lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper.
- BBQ or pan fry prawns with a little extra virgin olive oil for 4 minutes until cooked through.
- Add cooked prawns to the salad and serve.
If you like this recipe, you might like to try these;
Amy Savage is a qualified Nutritionist with a Bachelor of Health Science in Nutritional & Dietetic Medicine and is available for consultations online and in Sydney CBD. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.