One of the easiest and most nourishing breakfasts you can get. Simple Cinnamon Oats makes an ideal base recipe and there are so many ways to mix it up. I typically use the fruit and toppings that I have available, it could be banana, it could be berries, it might be nuts, seeds or both. Hemp seeds make a great topping, a sprinkle of granola or the addition of your favourite protein powder. Endless options.
Oats are a great breakfast option; filling, rich in energising B vitamins and fibre!
This is also a perfect breakfast to prep ahead of the week:
- Decide how many days you want oats that week.
- Prepare batches in jars by adding your oats and cinnamon.
- The night before top with milk, fruit and toppings.
- Low GI source of carbohydrates helping to regulate blood sugar levels – thus reducing cravings and energy crashes.
- A good source of resistant starch which is beneficial for gut health by providing a fuel source to gut bacteria.
- Like oats, cinnamon helps to regulate blood sugar levels
- Don’t like cinnamon? Start small and work up.. try ¼ tsp and slowly increase with a goal of 1 tsp.
Want more simple breakfast ideas? Check out my Mango & Blueberry Chia Pot.
Amy Savage is a qualified Nutritionist with a Bachelor of Health Science in Nutritional & Dietetic Medicine and is available for consultations online and in Sydney CBD. Email email@example.com for further details.